BUILD YOUR OWN EUREKA SPRINGS, ARKANSAS ITINERARY!!
PICK YOUR DATES:
- -The best lodging rates for groups are Sunday through Thursday.
- -Mainly because of the changing of the leaves, October is our busiest month of the year.
- -The Great Passion Play runs from May through October. Activities on the grounds (other than the Play) are open year ‘round.
- -The Redbud and Dogwood trees bloom in April.
- -Peak fall foliage viewing is the last two weeks of October through the first week of November.
PICK YOUR LODGING:
Eureka Springs, Arkansas has Bed and Breakfast Inns, name-brand motels, historic hotels, nostalgic “Mom and Pop” properties and gorgeous RV Parks. Your comfort is our #1 goal. Properties are well maintained and staffed. Because our entire zip code is on the National Register, your lodging property will be uniquely Eureka Springs!
PICK YOUR TOUR:
- Eureka Springs has guided and mapped, self-led walking tours covering our town’s history, arts community and, springs and gardens. Based on the interests and mobility of your group, we have developed in-town tours that showcase areas of Eureka Springs not commonly seen (or known) by our regular visitors.
- Our narrated Historic Tram Tour is the perfect activity when walking is not an option. The open-air tram winds its way through the quaint streets of our Historic District where motor coaches are not permitted to go. With stops along this hour and a half tour, it is a great way to see and learn about Eureka Springs.
- Eureka Springs Historical Museum: Our knowledgeable docents will guide your group through a visual tour of the “City that Water Built.”
- Behind the scenes of the Great Passion Play: Enhance your group’s Passion Play experience by taking a walking tour to learn how it’s done! We recommend this tour AFTER you see the Play.
PICK YOUR EVENING ACTIVITY:
- THE GREAT PASSION PLAY: The story of Jesus’ last week on earth. From miracles performed to the resurrection, enjoy one of the greatest stories ever told.
- EUREKA SPRINGS NORTH ARKANSAS RAILWAY dinner train. Enjoy your selection of menu items aboard an authentic dining car as you ride lazily through the hills of the Ozark Mountains.
- OZARK MOUNTAIN HOEDOWN There’s plenty of hilarious family comedy and music when Mike Nichols and The Gang take the stage.
- GHOST TOURS or FLICKERING TALES Local guides share tales and legends made famous in some of our past historic hotel “guests.”
- TURPENTINE CREEK WILDLIFE REFUGE: After a guided tour of the Refuge, we’ll have a picnic-style meal with the staff.
- INTRIGUE THEATRE: Nationally acclaimed Illusionist, Sean-Paul, takes us back to a time of intrigue and the Golden Age of Magic. His performance as a Victorian-era illusionist is inspired by the likes of Thurston, Alexander, and Houdini.
- ESCAPE ROOM 13: An immersive, live-action story with secret messages, hidden passages and all fun that puts you in the story.
PICK YOUR DAILY ACTIVITIES:
Shopping, exploring and lunch on our own in historic DOWNTOWN EUREKA SPRINGS. More than 100 shops offering art, apparel and home décor, a dozen-plus restaurants offering everything from hot dogs to fine cuisine, walking trails and springs and gardens and, often times, free entertainment in the band shell of Basin Spring Park. Downtown Eureka Springs is an “attraction” all its own!
- THORNCROWN CHAPEL: Named one of the world’s most inspiring churches, Thorncrown has welcomed more than 8 million visitors since its opening in 1980. A staff member will great our group and tell us all about the history and mission of the chapel.
- BELLE OF THE OZARKS: A narrated Beaver Lake cruise.
- A tour and tasting at KEELS CREEK WINERY.
- The Sacred Arts Center, Bible Museum, Christ of the Ozarks and Holy Land tour on the grounds of the GREAT PASSION PLAY.
- BLUE SPRING HERITAGE CENTER: A natural wonder, pouring 38 million gallons of cold, clear water each day into its trout-stocked lagoon. Blue Spring has received National Register recognition as a resting place along the Trail of Tears.
- LITTLE PORTION RETREAT CENTER: Walk the peaceful Prayer Gardens, pray in the architecturally acclaimed Monastery Chapel, stay in the beautiful Guest House, and share in the tasty meals and sought after Little Portion Bakery products
- FRESH HARVEST: Demo and tasting of many olive oils and balsamic vinegar infusions.
PICK YOUR ADVENTURE:
Eureka Springs offers several soft adventure activities for your action-seeking clients.
- OZARK MOUNTAIN ZIPLINES is two-hours of our state’s highest and longest zips.
- STAND-UP PADDLEBOARDING on Beaver Lake is a surface water sport where the surfer uses a paddle to move through the water while standing on a surfboard.
- LAKE LEATHERWOOD CITY PARK offers miles of hiking and biking trails for all skill and endurance levels.
- COSMIC CAVERN, ONYX CAVE, AND WAR EAGLE CAVERN offer guided and self-led tours of the underground.
PICK YOUR DAY TRIP:
- BENTONVILLE, ARKANSAS: (1 hour.) Home of Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, the Native American Museum, Walton’s 5 and Dime.
- FAYETTEVILLE, ARKANSAS: (1 hour.) Visit Terra Studios, the Clinton House Museum and the University of Arkansas.
- FORT SMITH, ARKANSAS: (2 hours.) Go back in time to the Wild West! Future home of the US Marshals Museum. Visit Judge Parker’s (the Hanging Judge) courtroom and gallows, Miss Laura’s Bordello (the ONLY bordello listed on the National Register) and meet Federal Marshal Bass Reeves.
- MOUNT MAGAZINE LODGE STATE PARK: (2 hours.) Arkansas’ highest peak
KAREN PRYOR, CTIS KAREN@EUREKASPRINGS.ORG 479 253 7333