May Festival of the Arts Celebrates 31st Year
Every May Eureka Springs shines a spotlight on the arts with a month-long festival that celebrates the visual and performing arts.
May Festival of the Arts showcases the works of more than 350 working artists that live in the community and because of the length of the festival and the many venues available; every artist in Eureka Springs has an opportunity to show.
Colorful, quirky, energetic and sometimes surprising, the ArtRageous Parade is the traditional kick-off the May Festival of the Arts. Enjoy the stream of floats, art cars, walkers, dancers, musicians, jugglers, and dance groups on Saturday, May 5th at 2 p.m. This year’s parade Grand Marshal is artist Valerie Damon.
The world premiere of Willo Mancifoot the Musical will be performed during the Eureka Springs Festival of the Arts in The Auditorium at 36 S. Main Street. This original musical inspires compassion, tolerance, forgiveness, generosity and multicultural teamwork creating a more loving world. Performances are May 5 at 7:30 p.m. and May 6 at 2 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults and $7 for children and available for purchase at www.theaud.org or at the door prior to performances.
The Third Annual Nuits Rosé Eureka Springs Wine Fest will be celebrated May 10 through 13. Various restaurants and lounges around Eureka Springs will be offering rosé tastings, flights, and pairings to serve with special menu items during this rosé wine festival.
One of the month’s most festive and well-attended events is the annual White Street Studio Walk, which takes place May 18th, from 4 p.m.to 10 p.m. Historic White Street is the working address of a large number of local artists who welcome the public into their homes and studios to view their latest works.
May Festival of the Arts also includes concerts by the Ozarks Chorale, John Two-Hawks, and Jonathan Byrd and the Pickup Cowboys.
Many more events including a chalk art festival, Music Park yarn bomb, craft fairs, and gallery receptions fill up the calendar for the month. For more information, visit the website at: www.eurekaspringsfestivalofthearts.com.
Full Schedule of Events:
- May 5th & 6th Willow Mancifoot at The Auditorium
- May 5th ArtRageous Parade, 2pm
- May 5th Artmosphere Street Festival & Buskers in the Park
- May 5th Drumming in the Park, 6pm
- May 6th—Buskers in Basin Spring Park
- May 10th-12th Gore Concrete Workshop (dust free crete)
- May 11th-May 13th–Bridge of Love (Community Photo on Mother’s Day at 1:30 p.m.)
- May 10th-13th Nuits Rose Festival
- May 11th—Art Wall Reveal, 5pm
- May 11th—Upstairs at the Grotto Handmade Market, 12pm to 6pm
- May 12th—Music Park Yarn Bomb Event, 9am to 4pm
- May 12th—Ozarks Chorale Spring Concert, 7pm at The Aud
- May 12th—Second Saturday Gallery Stroll
- May 13th—John Two Hawks Mother’s Day Concert
- May 13th-19th Chamber National Photo Contest & Exhibit at the Aud (in the Gem)
- May 14th-16th Gore Concrete workshop (Fab-forming)
- May 15th—Heritage Month presentation of Art Wall at Main Stage, 6:30 pm.
- May 16th-20th Chalk Art Street Festival, next to Courthouse
- May 17th and 18th —Gore Concrete Workshop (furniture)
- May 18th—White Street Walk, 4pm to 10pm
- May 19th—Harmon Park Mural Project Reveal & Event 2pm-4pm
- May 19th—3rd Saturday Music with Jonathan Byrd and the Pickup Cowboys, 5pm Basin Spring Park
- May 20th—Books in Bloom, 12pm to 5pm, Crescent Hotel.
- May 21st-24th—Plein Air Festival
- May 24th—Plein Air 2 Hour Paint Out, Basin Park, 9am
- May 26th—Craft Fair at Pine Mountain Village 9am-5pm